Laser Myopia (Classic Lasik)
STAY IN TUNISIA
ALL INCLUSIVE PRICE
The eye laser operation is indicated for the correction of low, moderate and high myopia, with or without astigmatism.
The eye laser operation is also indicated for presbyopia.
The eye laser operation allows for the simultaneous treatment of both eyes.
The eye laser operation thus guarantees a rapid visual recovery.
Touch-ups of the eye laser operation are easy.
The eye laser surgery induces no risk of corneal opacity.
Moreover, the eye laser operation allows for an advanced correction of the associated astigmatism.
The medical team prepares the necessary tools for the "LASIK classic" laser surgery: a suction ring, a corneal lamella, and a micro keratome (a high-precision surgical instrument with an oscillating blade).
The laser operation is done in two stages:
- The first step of the eye laser intervention is to incise the flap using a microkeratome;
- The second step of the eye laser intervention is to remove the cornea with the excimer laser.
Before starting the intervention, the surgeon must ensure the appropriate treatment data is entered into the laser computer.
An eyelid speculum is placed in the eye, which has been anesthetized with drops, while the other eye is covered.
The cornea is marked to facilitate postoperative flap alignment. A suction ring is placed on the eye to ensure fixation. The microkeratome is used to create an articulated corneal flap. Once the flap has been created, it is far from the cutting surface.
Tracking and recording technology is used on the eye and iris to verify the vision is well-focused.
Cosmetica Travel, along with its excellent surgeons will assist patients in deciding whether the eye laser surgery is indicated or not, based on a complete preoperative examination as well as an assessment of objectives and potential alternatives (glasses, contact lenses and implantation of phakic intraocular lenses).
- Assessment prior to eye laser surgery should include a complete eye examination, and a complete assessment of the patient’s medical and ophthalmological history.
- Rigid contact lenses should be removed several weeks prior to the intervention and soft lenses several days or weeks prior to it.
- Abnormal ocular refractions (myopia, astigmatism and farsightedness) must have been stable for at least one year prior to eye laser surgery.
- A thin cornea may also be an indication of subtle keratoconus and will require particular caution during the tissue removal during the eye laser surgery.
- Other tests that must be performed before laser eye surgery include movement and size measurement of the eye and pupil.
- On the day of the eye laser intervention, the patient can eat and drink normally, but must refrain from smoking.
- For hygienic purposes, it is important for the patient to wash his / her face, remove any make-up, and avoid wearing perfume prior to the intervention.
- On the day of the eye laser intervention, the patient should wear comfortable clothing.
- This surgery is done on an outpatient basis. Anesthetic eye drops are generally used. The intervention does not require bandaging, but it is recommended to wear sunglasses after the eye laser surgery.
- The total duration of the surgery is of approximately 25 minutes for both eyes.
- Right after the intervention, the patient will not be allowed to drive.
Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy; corneal epithelial dystrophy basement membrane; peripheral retinal tears, especially in very myopic eyes; systemic autoimmune disease; pregnancy; breastfeeding; severe eye dryness; and major blepharitis requiring treatment before eye laser operation.
As is the case for any surgical procedure, a LASIK-laser eye intervention can lead to complications. Serious complications leading to significant or permanent visual loss are however very rare. The eye laser may also provoke other less serious side effects such as eye dryness, night time bursts, and / or reduced contrast sensitivity.
- Patients may experience mild postoperative discomfort 4 to 6 hours after the eye laser surgery, during which they should keep their eyes closed and rest or nap.
- Patients should avoid rubbing their eyes after the laser surgery.
- Steroids and antibiotics drops should be applied 4 to 10 days following the intervention.
- Drops that do not contain preservatives could be used for weeks or months after the eye laser intervention depending on the appearance of eye dryness symptoms or of corneal stains.
- Vision stabilization can take up to 3 months depending on the postoperative treatment course.