||Stay In Tunisia
||Back To Work
||All Inclusive Price
| DENTAL PROSTHESIS
Dental prosthesis is the part of dentistry that essentially deals with replacing missing teeth. The dental prosthesis makes it possible to either reconstruct teeth decayed by caries or fractures using a dental crown, or to replace missing teeth using a fixed apparatus called "bridge" or removable ones called "metal frames" or " satellites".
A dental crown is a prosthesis shaped like a real tooth. A crown is placed over a tooth damaged by a decay or fracture, to cover and protect it by restoring its shape, aesthetics, size and strength. Acting like a hat, a dental crown thus artificially restores the crown of the decayed tooth. It can be a simple crown or it can be associated with an inlay-core (a false stump anchored in the root of the tooth by a tenon, which serves as anchor to the crown).
A crown is either entirely made of metal alloys (metal crown) and can be covered with a cosmetic material (ceramic crown) or made entirely of porcelain (all-ceramic crown).
When it is not possible to keep an overly decayed tooth, it must be extracted.
To replace it while preserving a good dental balance and an effective chewing, it is necessary to resort to the bridge technique which consists in bearing on the two neighboring teeth bordering the edentation. Dental implants are another alternative.
A bridge makes it possible to replace a missing tooth, or even two, by leaning on the adjacent teeth (one on each side); beyond two, the risk of fracture is too high.
A bridge of greater reach can also be realised, if it can be supported by several teeth pillars. The principle is the same as for the crown.
The materials used are the same as for the crown: ceramic for the anterior teeth with the possibility of using metal for the posterior teeth.
The advantages of the dental bridge are:
- The bridge is aesthetic: it harmonizes with natural teeth.
- In practice, the dental bridge is part of fixed prostheses. Cleaning is therefore easier than a removable device.
The dental bridge has drawbacks that should be considered:
- A dental bridge is expensive: for a missing tooth, three crowns are needed.
- The bridge implies the mutilation of abutment teeth: to replace a single tooth, the dentist must "sacrifice" the two adjacent teeth that may be in very good condition.
- Finally, it causes a retraction of the gum: as the replaced tooth (the bridge) has no root, the bones of the gums tend to retract.
Usually simply referred to as “denture”, a removable denture is a dental prosthesis which can replace several missing teeth and which, as its name indicates is mobile.
A rigid metal frame is placed on the mucous membranes and the remaining teeth and is used in order to fix resin teeth – in cases where the denture is used to replace missing teeth.
The denture replaces both the missing teeth and the gum.
Feared by patients for its removability and size, it has the advantage of being economical and quick operation.
Dental prosthesis price
The price of a Dental prosthesis in Tunisia coupled with a week of recovery or vacation in a 5 stars hotel is at least 0% cheaper than the sole procedure in Europe and for the same medical quality.
These cosmetic sugery prices include :
- The operation
- The anaesthetics
- All operating theatre charges
- 1 to 2 nights at the clinic
- The surgeon's and the anaesthetist's fees
- Pre and post operative consultations
- Post operation care carried out by a trained nurse at your hotel (if necessary)
- Medication needed during your stay in Tunisia
- All transfers (airport, hotel, clinic, ...)
- 5 to 7 nights at a 5* hotel on a half board basis
- Wellcome, assistance and organization of your stay
- Arrangement of all your appointments
- Reservation of any extra services
These cosmetic surgery prices do not include :
- Extra personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Flight ticket