Breast lift : Breast uplift surgery
A breast lift is a surgical procedure aimed at changing the shape of the breasts. It can also be referred to as mastopexy.
The breast lift procedure involves the removal of excess skin and reshaping of the breast tissue so that the breast can be lifted. Women who have sagging breasts are an ideal candidate for breast lift. It is also suitable for women whose breast nipple is pointing downward. It is important to note that a breast lift won’t lead to a significant change in the size of your breast. But a breast lift can be performed in combination with breast augmentation which is named as breast lift with implant or fat injection which is known as breast lift with lipofilling.
Discover also our breast reduction surgery
Who is a suitable candidate for breast lift surgery?
You can be an ideal candidate for breast lift surgery if:
- You are in good physical health and maintain a stable weight
- You do not smoke
- You are worried about the feeling that your breast is sag or have lost shape and volume
- Your breast is dangling
- When your nipples are not supported and fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas are pointing in the downward direction
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- Your breasts have different shapes
Why is it done?
As you grow older, there are some changes that you observe in your breasts such as losing elasticity and firmness. There are lots of causes for these types of breast changes some of which are listed below:
- Pregnancy. Pregnancy can cause the ligaments that support the breast to stretch as the breast gets fuller and heavier. Sagging of the breast after pregnancy can occur as a result of this stretching this does not depend on whether you breastfeed your baby or not.
- Fluctuations in weight. Weight changes can lead to stretching and loss of elasticity in the skin of your breast.
- Gravity. As time goes on, gravity causes the ligament in the breasts to stretch and sag.
Some of the major benefits of breast lift are that it can reduce sagging and raise the position of the nipples (areolae). In addition, there can be a reduction in the size of the areolae during the surgical procedure so that they can be in proportion with the newly shaped breasts.
It is important to understand that breast lift is not meant for everyone. If you have plans to be pregnant in the future, you can postpone breast lift. During pregnancy, your breasts can stretch and affect the outcome of the lift.
It is also important to consider breastfeeding. Albeit breastfeeding is usually possible after breast lift this is because the nipples are not detached from the underlying breast tissue. And in some cases, it can be difficult for some women to produce sufficient milk.
Breast lift cost in Tunisia
What is the cost of breast lifting surgery in Tunisia?
Take advantage of cheaper breast lift cost in Tunisia and save up to 62% of the cost comparing to the UK prices.
The cost of breast lift procedure in the UK differs based on the experience of the surgeon , the types and size of breast implants if any are used, and also the geographical location of the hospital. The average cost of breast lift in London may be around £ 5370.
However, breast augmentation cost in Tunisia including a recovery stay at 5* hotel is 40% to 60% cheaper than only operation in the United Kingdom.
Breast lift price in Tunisia mentioned above includes hospital and surgical room costs, surgeon's and anaesthetist's fees, all ground transfers (airport, hotel, clinic...) and your stay at a 5* hotel on full board basis.
Breast lift surgery in Tunisia in bref
How is breast lift surgery performed?
A breast lifting surgery is usually carried out by making incisions in order to remove the excess fat and skin.
Many factors play crucial role in determining the technique to be used like the health condition of the patient and breast composition.
The surgeon should discuss the options with the patient. Hereafter two possible options:
- A circular pattern around the areola
The incision lines that are left behind are visible and permanent scars, although they are hidden when covered with a swimsuit or bra.
- A keyhole or racquet-shaped pattern with an incision around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease
Scars related to breast lift surgery
Breast lift just like other surgical procedures involves incisions and so then scars. However there are ways to reduce the appearance of scars. The first and major thing to know is that scarring process depends on the patient’s genetic or inherited scarring tendency
The second thing, the type of the technique to be used by the surgeon plays significant role in the degree of the scars.
Scars may fade with time and become barely noticeable.
Post-operative effects and recovery after a breast lift surgery
Immediately after the completion of the surgery, a gauze dressing or bandages will be used to cover your breasts. So in order to remove any excess blood or fluid, a tube would be positioned under each of your arm for 1 or 2 days. You will be given analgesics and antibiotics to relieve pains and reduce your chance of infection.
During the two first weeks after surgery; your breasts are likely to be tender and sensitive; it can be swollen and bruised. Those effects will fade with the time.
Lastly, it is important that you reduce the rate at which you engage in physical activity this should be between two to four weeks while your breasts heal. Your surgeon may suggest avoiding the use of underwire bras for a few months after surgery
Scars usually disappear as time goes on. However, you will need to schedule a follow up visits with your surgeon to remove stitches and check your recovery.
Recovery from breast lift surgery
Immediately, after the surgery and because of the anesthesia, the patient will need help and support. Our assistance team will be there to assist you in order to arrange your check-out from the hospital and drive you to your hotel
After breast lift surgery, you need take at least one or two week off work to ensure the optimum recovery. During recovery, you will have to put an end to any hard exercise and avoid to lift heavy objects.
Result and outcome of breast lifting surgery
Gradual changes in the appearance of the result will be noticed as it refines to a more permanent outcome after few months. The final results may take nine to 12 months (even longer in some cases).
Before after photos of a breast lifting surgery
Before after photos of a breast lifting surgery 1
Before after photos of a breast lifting surgery 2
Before after photos of a breast lifting surgery 3
Advices before and after breast lift surgery
Before breast lifting:
- Try to avoid the use of tobacco or other products such as nicotine and cigarettes two weeks before.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen or anti-inflammatory or anticoagulant, and also cocaine or any drugs for two weeks before surgery.
- Stop taking contraception pills for one month before surgery
- Stop eating or smoking or drinking anything including water, tea, or coffee after midnight the night before your surgery (8 hours before your surgery).
After breast reduction surgery:
Do not hesitate to ask your surgeon to give you post-operative care instructions you need, such as:
- The way you will take care of your surgical site(s) after surgery
- Drugs that will be taken in order to help with healing and reduce the risk of infection
- Specific concerns to watch after at the surgical site(s) or in your general health
- How the stitches will be removed
- How long will take you to return to normal activity