Gynecomastia surgery : Breast enlargement in men
Male breast reduction surgery is the most efficient treatment for gynecomastia or enlarged male breasts. This cosmetic surgery technique takes away surplus fat and glandular tissue to reinstate a flatter, firmer and further masculine shape to the chest.
It is indicated in 2 cases:
1- Glandular hypertrophy :
The gland is taken out via a semi circular areola incision. An 8 to 10 mm layer is left to keep a good vascular nipple vitality. A 5 to 8 days tight dressing is applied.
2- Fat hypertrophy :
In case of excess of fat, an intra breast incision is made to take the fat out and a 1 cm layer is left.
Due to genetics, the use of some medicines, or other undetermined reasons, some males grow the form of enlarged breasts. On average, 20% of men experience some amount of gynecomastia in the course of their life. Gynecomastia may occur at any time of life, as well as male breast reduction can be done securely and effectively on adolescents and adult men similarly.
Although weight loss possibly will assist in reducing the size of the breast for some men, frequently there is surplus glandular tissue as well, imapcting even very thin patients to suffer from enlarged breasts. Currently, male breast reduction surgery is the best treatment to treat gynecomastia and which offers long lasting results. After this surgical treatment, patients normally feel comfortable appearing shirtless for the first time before experiencing gynecomastia and witness an improved sense of self-confidence.
For people who are uncomfortable or feel embarrassed about the appearance of their chest or those individuals who always avoid certain happenings for the reason that they are ashamed to show their chest, male breast reduction is a great choice to consider. By means of the assistance of an experienced and certified cosmetic surgical doctor, the method offers instantaneous progress with negligible scarring.
Who is a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery candidates include:
- Men whose situation cannot be improved via other medical treatments
- Healthy people who don’t possess a life-threatening sickness or medical conditions that may weaken the recovery process
- Non-smokers and individuals who don’t use drugs
- Men with an optimistic point of view and precise objectives in mind for refining the physical signs of gynecomastia
- Men who are physically healthy and of reasonably average weight
- Men who have realistic outlooks and expectations
- Men whose breast enlargement has become stable
- Men who are concerned by the feeling that their breasts are too big
This surgical procedure may possibly be beneficial to teenagers, though secondary procedures may be required in the future in the event that there is potentially progressive breast development.
Gynecomastia removal surgery cost
The cost of gynecomastia in Tunisia is highly affordable compared to prices in the UK. What differentiates the cost of gynecomastia in UK from other places, such as Tunisia are: the high surgeon fees, the other labor costs, the types and the cost of materials used, the high renting cost depending on the geographical location of the clinic, the purchase power being substantially higher in the UK than in Tunisia and many other factors...
Note that the average cost in cities such as London may be around £ 4530. Whereas via Cosmetica Travel the price for the same surgery would be around £ 1720. The price of a Gynecomastia in Tunisia coupled with a week of recovery or vacation in a 5 stars hotel is at least 62% cheaper than the sole procedure in Europe and for the same medical quality.
Find below a comprehensive list of what is included in our cosmetic surgery price :
- The operation
- The anaesthetics
- All operating theatre charges
- 1 to 2 nights at the clinic
- The surgeon's and the anaesthetist's fees
- Pre and post operative consultations
- Post operation care carried out by a trained nurse at your hotel (if necessary)
- Medication needed during your stay in Tunisia
- All transfers (airport, hotel, clinic, ...)
- 5 to 7 nights at a 5* hotel on a half board basis
- Wellcome, assistance and organization of your stay
- Arrangement of all your appointments
- Reservation of any extra services
Find below a list of what is not included in our cosmetic surgery price :
- Extra personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Flight ticket
Gynecomastia removal surgery in short
||Stay In Tunisia
||Back To Work
||All Inclusive Price
How is gynecomastia surgery performed?
What are the steps of a gynecomastia procedure?
A gynecomastia procedure includes the following steps:
In the course of the surgical procedures general anesthesia is administered for patient’s comfort.
In situations where gynecomastia is mainly the product of surplus fatty tissue, liposuction methods alone may be implemented. This involves the injection of a cannula, a tinny hollow tube, via some small incisions.
The cannula is moved forward and backward in an organized motion to loosen the surplus fat, which is then extracted from the body via vacuum suction.
There are several liposuction methods that may be implemented; the technique most suitable for the patient’s situation will be determined prior to the procedure.
Excision methods are suggested when glandular breast tissue or extra skin must be taken out to rectify gynecomastia. Excision is as well required if the areola will be minimized or the nipple position will be changed to a more normal form. Incision patterns differ depending on the particular situations and surgical preference.
Combination of liposuction & excision techniques
Sometimes gynecomastia is treated with both liposuction and excision.
Scars related to gynecomastia surgery
Any surgical procedure done to correct gynecomastia will involve incisions. Although most incision lines are hidden within normal outlines, some may possibly be noticeable and are a basic result of male breast reduction surgical procedure.
Postoperative effects and recovery after a gynecomastia surgery
The recovery process is always improved with enough rest. In the initial 24 hours post-surgery, it is suggested that patients should not carry out any strenuous activities. As from the 2nd day, the patient is required to go for brisk walks that can assist in speedy recovery. The patient can keep increasing his day-to-day activities progressively without going past his tolerance level.
Compression garment: In the course of the recovery process, wearing a compression garment is required. Wearing this garment can assist to minimize the swelling and bruising, and the aesthetic result will improve.
Lastly, the patient should uphold a healthy and hygienic standard of living and keep the scars clean. Apply antibiotic ointments and recommended medications and maintain the compression garment for the recommended duration.
Result and outcome of gynecomastia surgery
What results should I expect after gynecomastia surgery?
Gynecomastia surgical treatment results are instantly observable. Eventually, incision lines will diminish and post-surgical swelling will be resolved. Satisfaction with this new appearance would continuously improve in the course of the recovery process. The concluding results of the gynecomastia surgery treatment procedure may take three to six months to realize. Incision lines are lasting but will fade continuously eventually.
Photos before and after gynecomastia
Photos before and after gynecomastia 1
Photos before and after gynecomastia 2
Advices before and after gynecomastia
Prior to gynecomastia surgery, there are some advices which you need to follow to ensure a successful completion of the surgery and also for the sake of your recovery:
Some of them are listed here which include
- Avoiding smoke and use of drugs such as tobacco or products that are related to nicotine for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery.
- Do not take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen or anti-inflammatory or anticoagulant, as well as any illicit or illegal drugs (cocaine, crack, THC, marijuana) for two weeks before surgery such drugs would lead to problems with anesthesia and surgery.
- All these tips and some others which will be communicated with you by your surgeon are very crucial and you must stick to them.
Get in touch with your surgeon; this is due to the fact that they are in the best position to offer specific instructions on post-operative care.
Some of which are mentioned here:
- How to take care of your surgical site(s) after surgery
- Medications to apply and those that will be taken orally which help improve healing and reduce the risk of infections
- How long you must keep the compression garment and any other relevant details
- And when you need to come back for among other important tips.